• November

    29

    2016
  • 284
  • 0
BLACK MOLD VS. TOXIC MOLD

BLACK MOLD VS. TOXIC MOLD

Why Basement Waterproofing in South Jersey is Crucial

A musty odor that lingers, or the appearance of dark patches on ceilings, walls, and grout, are signs of a potential mold problem in your residence. After being sure of the existence of mold, it is essential to find out if it is regular mold or something that’s more threatening like black mold otherwise called Stachybotrys chartarum.
Mold is a moisture-loving fungus comprised of spores of different sizes. Some mold spores are as little as 4 microns, while some others are as massive as 30 microns. Mold spores also appear in various colors. For example, mold spores that grow on floor tile, and open walls are usually brown, green and at times black. Those that thrive behind wallpaper usually have a pink or yellow color. Black mold is typically the most horrible. Nonetheless, the appearance of black mold spores does not always imply that there’s a toxic problem.

When Is Mold Simply Mold?

The presence of black or toxic mold presents significant health risks. Regular mold turns out to be harmful when it starts to produce toxins. The poisonous toxin typically associated with black mold is referred to as mycotoxins. Mycotoxins are secondary metabolites or organic substances that have no direct impact on the growth of the mold. Furthermore, it is necessary to realize that mycotoxins are not just connected to indoor molds but also plant crops.

How to Get Rid of Mold: Toxic or Not

Read More on Almandbroswaterproofing.com

LEAVE A COMMENT

You comment will be published within 24 hours.

Cancel reply
© Copyright 2016 Almand Bros | All Rights Reserved | Website Development by Copyright 2016 Kronos Technologies