n the industrial sector, nothing runs without a predetermined set of rules and procedures that make sure, that the procedures and processes involved in any kind of constructions do not violate certain norms. Concrete code violations can cause builders, serious problems at the site, which is why it is mandatory that before getting your hands into the sticky clay, you understand the rules and requirements. This article will highlight a concrete inspection checklist that will help you understand the concrete placement codes or rules.
Concrete Inspection Checklist
Concrete inspection checklist allows you to maintain the quality of the concrete placement and the various tasks associated with it. Here is the essential checklist that can help you maintain quality at the site.
- Make sure that the centerline is according to the graph or drawing.
- Make sure that the staging and formwork are as decided in the planning report.
- Make sure that the construction joint location is according to the drawing/graph.
- Make sure that steel reinforcement, coating and spacing are according to the drawing/graph.
- Make sure that the reinforcement and overlap parts are covered according to the drawing/graph.
- Make sure that the shuttering is aligned as per the graph.
- Do an embedment part evaluation to measure the placement of various components, including the insert plates.
- Make sure that the position of water stoppers is according to the requirements.
- Check for the location of the construction joint. It should be according to the predefined requirements.
- Check for the quality of water. It should be clean and filtered.
- Use a measuring jar for various tasks that involve water pouring.
- Check for the quality of the materials (that should be according to the specified requirements).
During Placement Inspection
- Check the water/cement ratio before layering the concrete on a surface.
- Check for segregation
- Make sure that the surface preparation is done through the mortar bedding.
- Check for the sufficiency of vibration before the placement.
- Make sure that the temporary ties and spacers have been removed.
- Make sure to observe the shuttering prop for displacement.
- Always slump test before the placement of concrete.
- Carefully observe honeycombing and take the necessary measures.
- Make sure that the surface finish has been completed properly.
- Check for cracks in the concrete. Immediately patch up the existing cracks, as they can become worse over time.
- Choose an effective method of curing the concrete to avoid damage from moisture and temperature shifts.
- Check for forms and structures after a specific duration of time.
- Check for embedment position of the concrete.
- Find the defects and repair them according to a specified method.
- After repair, check for any damages one more time before finishing the project.
The above-mentioned checklist items are only some of the most common and important items. Various other things need to be considered when it comes to maintaining the quality of the concrete during a certain process. Contact your construction professional to learn more about concrete inspection checklist.