There are many factors to consider when choosing between concrete and stonework for your new patio. In this article, we will go over the benefits of each option and help you decide which is best for you.
Stonework offers a timeless look that never goes out of style, which is why many people love it as an addition to their home. But there are a few factors that set it apart from its most common alternative, concrete.
- Stone and pavers are much less likely to crack or need repair
- Stone and pavers tend to be more expensive
- Stone and pavers are more labor intensive to install
- Stone and pavers are easier to up-keep
- Stone and pavers are better suited for varying climates and temperature changes
- Stone and pavers tend to last a long time
- Stone and pavers come in varying sizes, shapes, and designs
Overall, there aren’t many downsides to installing stones or pavers opposed to concrete, and the biggest deciding factor between the two usually comes down to price. If you decide to go with custom stonework, you can be sure that it will be a beautiful addition to your home or business.
Always popular, easy to work with, and reliable, concrete work for patios and outdoor areas is a great choice for your project. Let’s look at some of the factors you may want to take into consideration when deciding between stonework or concrete for your patio.
- Concrete is less expensive for patio projects
- Concrete is less labor intensive to install
- Concrete can be colored, shaped, and styled in many different ways
- Concrete is prone to cracking over time
- Concrete may need to be regularly power-washed
Concrete is a great choice that many choose for their home projects for its ease of use, customization options, and cost. Over our 45+ years of experience in the concrete industry, we’ve installed countless concrete patios and projects
If you are looking for a contractor to install or fix your patio, Almand Bros should be your one-stop destination. We are one of the oldest concrete and masonry building companies in New Jersey and have been delivering high-quality construction projects since 1985.
Our services include concrete and masonry installation and repair, custom stonework, basement waterproofing, grading and watershed, and snow removal services. You can call us at (856) 310-1390 to get a free estimate. You can also fill our online contact form to get in touch.